Legal Permanent Residence

Legal Permanent Residence – Family Petition 

I-130 – In order to file for a permanent residence or “green card” in the United States through a family petition, the applicant must have a qualifying relative who will file a petition on their behalf.  With some exceptions, a qualifying relative can be a Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen spouse, parent, child, or sibling.   The qualifying relative is required to show evidence of the qualifying family relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate, deed, joint account information, etc.).

Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing – Upon receiving an approved I-130, the next step for the applicant is either to adjust status in the United State or Consular Process from one of the consulate or embassies from outside of the United States.  This will depend on what type of visa or immigration status the applicant had at the time of application, and the whether the applicant resided in our out of the United States.

Please call Furness Law to set up a consultation to discuss your option in obtaining Permanent Residence in the United States.


Translate »